Podiatry is a branch of medicine which deals with the prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the feet, ankle and lower limbs.
Preventative foot health involves the identification of the causes of poor or incorrect foot function. Often foot problems are caused by ill-fitting shoes, injury, stress related structural problems in the hips, knees, ankle that are sometimes associated with gait abnormality. Poor foot function can effect posture and cause pain elsewhere in the body, so regular foot check-ups are important. This is particularly important for patients with diabetes who may suffer from symptoms like swelling in the foot or ankle, pain in the legs, open sores on the feet that are slow to heal or are draining, ingrown toenails or toenails infected with fungus, corns or calluses, dry cracks in the skin, especially around the heel.
At our Podiatry clinic we offer a range of comprehensive treatments tailored to patient’s individual needs.
All our podiatrists are experts in their specialities with many years of experience in NHS and private practice.
Our practitioners have excellent relationships with our local GP’s and other healthcare professionals such as osteopaths and physiotherapists based in the Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham and other nearby boroughs. They also work closely with orthopaedic surgeons based at Charing Cross Hospital.
Our practitioners are able to access promptly antibiotics, pain relief and other prescription medicines patients may need thanks to Pestle and Mortar pharmacy, resulting in more efficient treatment. The pharmacy also stocks a range of high-quality foot care products, including, supports, heel balms, creams, and corn, callous and verruca treatments.
Our practitioners have extensive case load portfolios when it comes to the variety of the conditions they treat.
Our Podiatry clinic offers treatments for
• Soft tissue complaints such as foot corn removal and callosities which in most cases are related to pressure/Musculoskeletal (MSK) discrepancy.
• Ingrown toe nails and bunions both conservatively and surgically.
• Verrucae treatment with topical acids and needling technique.
• Diabetic foot assessment and treatment of the high risk foot.
• Extracorporeal Shock Wave therapy, for a variety of MSK pathologies and tendon pain.
• Detailed assessment for growing foot /paediatric assessment and child foot development,
• Hammertoe- Arthritic toe deformity to reduce pain, inflammation, open sores and corns.
• Gout and stress injuries, caused by inappropriate footwear and poor gait when running or walking by using a combination of Orthotics, appropriate footwear and activity modification.
• Detailed lower limb assessment and gait analysis, treatments for forefoot pain and heel pain as well as addressing complaints related to congenital flat foot.